Thursday, November 10, 2005

Time to right this sinking ship.

We've come to a point in the evolution of this blog I was hoping we'd avoid. That being: complete and utter lack of content. The idea, as I've mentioned before, is that by inviting anyone who wants to post to be able to do so, this blog can avoid those uncomfortable periods of postlessness that other popular blogs were often subjected to. But then something happened. Either the collective desire for personal-expression completely dried up, or perhap-- PERHAPS-- there simply is NOTHING going on.

I don't know, but I'm here to throw a couple topics into the discussion (or at least the hopeful future discussion).

While typing this I'm watching Mad Money for the first time ever, and I must say, its blowing my fucking mind. Is this the greatest program ever broadcast on television? No. Of course not. That's just silly, but what this program IS demonstrating is that no one can program a 24-hour network with ONLY news. You need some entertainment in there. Fox has known this since day 1. Of course, they're also batshit insane so maybe that's why the other networks could never figure this out. But this show is PERFECT. It's perfect for CNBC, which is a boring network anyway. It's perfect for audiences because you don't need to know a damn thing about what is being said, or really even care. It's just total theater.

It's the type of show that you expect to be mad-popular in college dorm rooms. It's like the old Iron Chef but with a screaming investor from Jersey.

If you aren't watching this show, do yourself the favor. So good.

Also, I know nothing about money (clearly), but it sounds like this guy knows what's up. He did, afterall elevate the Bluth from "Sell" to "Don't Buy".
Mad Money with Jim Cramer [CNBC 6:00pm, 9:00pm, midnight]


Have you heard of the new movie that is coming out called The Matador? I think it looks wonderful, and has gotten a lot of good press over the past month or so. But I'm not here to talk about a movie I haven't yet seen. I'm here to talk about its trailer. Actually, I'm here to talk about a peticular song in said trailer. It starts out like this:

bomp, bomp, bomp, ba-bomp, bomp, bomp. ba-- tink, tink, tink, tink

Okay, this isn't working. Do me a favor. Go watch the trailer. The song comes in right as Greg Kinnear says, "Aw, come on!" to Pierce Brosnan (about 1/4th the way through the trailer), and then it plays until the car is blown up. WHAT IS THAT SONG! I can't figure it out, and the internet has pointed me toward only 2 other songs-- "Town Called Malice" by The Jam, and "Mas" by Kinky. Neither of those are it.

Added bonus: if you can figure out what song this is I will send you something really cool. Or, at the very least, just something.

Go get'em tigers.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Welcome to "What Is Recoil?." If you would like to post something on this blog, but don't have a WIR-Blogger login, then send me an e-mail, and I'll make it happen. SHAZAM!
-Rick
(co-creator)

Rick | Dynamarx | rus-trick | ryan | The Potato | JDM | DrNewsie | Mr. MS | AK | Brooke | Stein | Moses | G | CarrieOkie | Jen | Duhn | M. Moore | Laura | Mr.T | kat | abby | Greg

09/2005 | 10/2005 | 11/2005 | 12/2005 | 01/2006 | 02/2006 | 03/2006 | 04/2006 | 05/2006 | 06/2006 | 07/2006 | 08/2006 | 09/2006 | 10/2006 | 11/2006 | 12/2006 | 01/2007 | 02/2007 | 03/2007 |