Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I'll show you the life of the mind!!!

Sam's dead. How did he die? He cooked too much ham. He will no longer be selling again ham sandwich.

So a man who sounded clearly intoxicated (he's not really, just has a slurred voice and is primarily impaired by ignorance) called the OWH yesterday and declared that if the troops in Iraq don't withdraw within the next 24 hours (oops!), he will no longer support Bush and the "war." Apparently he supported the initial invasion and attack all the way up until yesterday, but would no longer starting today. Better late than never, eh?

I called in sick today. I'm not really "sick sick" as I am just sick of the receptionist not being there for absurd amounts of time and leaving me and the messenger to run the show. Getting your uterus removed undoubtedly entitles you to an 8-week sick leave, no joke. But that was the beginning of the year. I take care of the attendance and saw she has taken 48.5 sick days while I have taken a meager 6.5. And every sick day as of late no longer relates to her unbalanced anatomy anymore. Plus she's been milking every single vacation day at the end of the year and running hour-and-a-half errands over her lunch break when she does actually work. I sometimes forget there even is a receptionist anymore. And why do any of you even care? You shouldn't! I just get sick of the injustice of sick days and vacation days. Ah well, I already know for a fact that she'll be hip-deep in sheep dip, come Jan. 1st when it's revealed she has taken over 8 sick days in addition to her 40 days of repentance and uterus-healing (assuming she doesn't take even more). I think I'll have a uterus removed and put back in me (or vice versa?) if it means I get paid for the whole ordeal. It's easy to sympathize if you don't know her, but she's the disgruntled employee who'd rather be staring at a ceiling at home than being paid to do the same at work. Me too!

Okay, so I did actually feel like shit when I woke up this morning. I felt super-glued to the bed. Plus I really had some fucked up dreams regarding ghost-hunting and being possessed by them when I began pursuing the soul of a man who tortured and murdered family members in a log cabin near where my family and I were staying for the summer. It was pretty creepy when I woke up. Then there was something else about landing an X-Wing in a river and the pitfalls of doing so because the landing gear isn't equipped very well for it. That's probably why Luke ended up on the bottom of a swamp in his venture to Dagobah, home to dagos and small green jedi. To his credit, however, the conditions were rather inclimate and visibility was virtually non-existent. Not even R2 saw that coming.

Oh well, I reek of a bed that has seen too much sleep, so I might as well return to continue validating this whole sick day thing.

Toodles.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Welcome to "What Is Recoil?." If you would like to post something on this blog, but don't have a WIR-Blogger login, then send me an e-mail, and I'll make it happen. SHAZAM!
-Rick
(co-creator)

Rick | Dynamarx | rus-trick | ryan | The Potato | JDM | DrNewsie | Mr. MS | AK | Brooke | Stein | Moses | G | CarrieOkie | Jen | Duhn | M. Moore | Laura | Mr.T | kat | abby | Greg

09/2005 | 10/2005 | 11/2005 | 12/2005 | 01/2006 | 02/2006 | 03/2006 | 04/2006 | 05/2006 | 06/2006 | 07/2006 | 08/2006 | 09/2006 | 10/2006 | 11/2006 | 12/2006 | 01/2007 | 02/2007 | 03/2007 |